Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-20-2016, 02:56 PM   #1
JLius
Village idiot
JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS T-1
Regex - Jesus wept...

Hi all

So I'm trying to change all
Code:
<p class="block_3">SOME TEXT</p>
to
Code:
<h1>SOME TEXT</h1>
So I use REGEX: Find
Code:
<p class="block_3">(\d+)</p>
and replace it with
Code:
<h1>/1</h1>
But calibre keeps saying 'no hits' when I press search. I put it on regex. What am I doing wrong here?
JLius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:10 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLius View Post
What am I doing wrong here?
A couple of errors:

Find should be
Code:
<p class="block_3">(.+?)</p>
and Replace:
Code:
<h1>\1</h1>
\d+ means one or more digit-only characters. And wrong-direction slash in your Replace.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2016, 03:28 PM   #3
JLius
Village idiot
JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS T-1
Thank you very much, that works!
I looked at this, but apparently I misunderstood: http://web.sigil.googlecode.com/git/...nced_find.html
JLius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:20 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yeah, that only tells you about the Sigil S&R tool.

It doesn't really teach you anything about regex itself -- that was the next chapter in Sigil's User Guide.
Personally, my favorite regex tutorial is at http://www.regular-expressions.info
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote