Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #1
Silvere
Silvere began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 624 (Basic Touch)
Question PocketBook 624 recognized as wrong device

Good evening everyone,

I'm experiencing some trouble with my brand new PocketBook 624 (One Touch) when I try to access it from Calibre.

Calibre fails to recognize the device as such and recognize it as an Android Phone. And the files already on the device are of course not detected.
I checked in the plugins list and no plugin exist for the 624 model (but there is for the pocketbook 622&623). I believe it's the core of the problem here but I'm open to other suggestions.

If anyone knows how to allow calibre to recognize the e-reader I would most welcome the information !

Thanks in advance

Silvere
Silvere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:43 PM   #2
sup
Connoisseur
sup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2012)
I actually have the same problem with Pocketbook 614. Haven't found a solution yet.
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2020, 06:00 PM   #3
sup
Connoisseur

Ok ,so I made it work by disabling the Android plugin and adjusting the USB user plugin with this info:

USB Vendor ID (in hex): 0x18d1
USB Product ID (in hex): 0x1
USB Revision ID (in hex): 0x230

I am surprised such an old reader is not supported, should I file a bug with the info required in the FAQ? I tried it on linux and Windows - should I do it for each OS?
Old 05-12-2020, 11:12 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It should work fine with the android plugin, just right click on it and customize the locations to scan for books and the formats to send to the device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:50 AM   #5
sup
Connoisseur

Ok, that works, but what do I enter if I want the root of the device to be the target of the library? That is the default it seems on this Pocketbook.

Anyway, should this not work out of the box? would you accept a bug report for this device so it can work out of the box without any configuration on the part of the user?
Advert
Old 05-15-2020, 09:24 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is using generic android ids, it cant work out of the box. Its manufacturer should have applied for a unique id for it, which calibre needs to match a device to its driver.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:43 AM   #7
sup
Connoisseur

Ah, I see now.

Tags
pocketbook 624, recognition