Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
cmolinap
Enthusiast
cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Touch/Mini
Help wit xhtml in CSS

Hi,
Please, I need help to properly define a list style. The issue is as follows:

1. define a list style in CSS, for example: ol.dec { list-style-type: decimal; }
2. in xhtml document I use the style defined above, for example:
<ol class="dec">
<li> blablablabla </ li>
other ....
<li> blablablabla </ li>
</ ol>

And it works perfectly. But..., only it works "perfectly" to the item number 9. Starting with item 10 does not present the full decimal number.
The number 10 to 19, has only 1. blablablabla ...
The number 20 to 29, has only 2. blablablabla ...
etc.

Firmeware is a problem in the Kobo Touch? I'm missing something in the CSS code?

Can anyone suggest me a solution? Beforehand very grateful.

Kobo Touch N905C, firmware 2.6.1b
Spanish language.
cmolinap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:23 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I'm afraid I can't help you, except to suggest that you might get more help in the ePub forum.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 02:21 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmolinap View Post
Hi,

1. define a list style in CSS, for example: ol.dec { list-style-type: decimal; }
<ol class="dec">
<li> blablablabla </ li>
other ....
<li> blablablabla </ li>
</ ol>

And it works perfectly. But..., only it works "perfectly" to the item number 9. Starting with item 10 does not present the full decimal number.
etc.

Firmeware is a problem in the Kobo Touch? I'm missing something in the CSS code?

I played with this issue a while back and I found no solution that worked with .epub files. Setting the margins and/or padding did not seem to have any effect. As renaming the file to .kepub.epub to use the ACCESS renderer displayed the list properly (including allowing use of the start directive), I finally decided it was an issue with the Adobe Reader Mobile renderer. I bounced a query about this off Kobo's tech support and was told that they could duplicate the issue but could not give any information on when or if a fix would be implemented.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmolinap View Post
Hi,

<ol class="dec">
<li> blablablabla </ li>
other ....
<li> blablablabla </ li>
</ ol>

etc.

Kobo Touch N905C, firmware 2.6.1b
Spanish language.
Have you run it through CSS Validator?

Just a thought ....
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
cmolinap
Enthusiast
cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Touch/Mini
Thanks AlexBell, SNSB and Lynx-lynx for your comments.
cmolinap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert