Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-12-2020, 07:21 AM   #1
kahveciderin
kahveciderin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Lightbulb Is there any framebuffer terminals that is actually usable for Kobo?

I am looking for a fb terminal that can handle a chroot debian xserver. I couldn't get the Xserver working neither on pbchess or KOreader. I tried to compile fbpad-eink but i always got errors.
kahveciderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 01:27 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Maybe you are looking for inkvt?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2020, 01:40 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Umm, Kobo doesn't run an X server.

You won't actually be able to run X without some extra help, because eInk (c.f., what was done by @schuhumi on Kindle w/ Alpine chroots).

Another rather large caveat: On Kobo, input is another extra pain point, as that's much more standard on Kindle than on Kobo, so don't expect stuff to automagically behave without some more work.

(Also, an X server has nothing to do with a framebuffer-based terminal emulator, so I'm utterly confused about what *exactly* you're asking for).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-13-2020 at 12:46 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:57 AM   #4
kahveciderin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Umm, Kobo doesn't run an X server.

You won't actually be able to run X without some extra help, because eInk (c.f., what was done by @schuhumi on Kindle w/ Alpine chroots).

Another rather large caveat: On Kobo, input is another extra pain point, as that's much more standard on Kindle than on Kobo, so don't expect stuff to automagically behave without some more work.

(Also, an X server has nothing to do with a framebuffer-based terminal emulator, so I'm utterly confused about what *exactly* you're asking for).
Yes, I know kobo does not run Xserver, but the thing is I want it to run xserver. I have a debian chroot that works but when I type startx it just doesnt start.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:59 AM   #5
kahveciderin

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Maybe you are looking for inkvt?
That uses another device as an input. I want to have the keyboard on the kobo itself.
Advert
Old 04-14-2020, 10:30 AM   #6
kahveciderin

Also, how can I make a kfmon launcher png?
Old 04-14-2020, 02:15 PM   #7
kahveciderin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahveciderin View Post
Also, how can I make a kfmon launcher png?
Nvm, I figured it out.
Old 11-26-2022, 03:27 AM   #8
fennectech
Connoisseur
fennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enoughfennectech will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Clara E2, Kindle 4 Keyboard 3G
does anyone have a built version of inkvt?
fennectech is offline   Reply With Quote