Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
lmslugo
lmslugo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo original
Bought ebook from Kobo Store and can't read it

I have the original Kobo eReader, have used it for 2 years with minor glitches here and there.

My issue is I bought 3 books last night. One of them is brand new (released Feb 4/2014), the other 2 were older. All 3 books synced to my Kobo Desktop and I plugged in the Kobo and synced it. Ejected it, unplugged it, got ready to read and.... Only 2 of the books are there. The new book isn't there. At all. Its not in the home screen, its not in the library (I searched by book title and author, to be sure). It shows up in my Kobo Library on the Kobo Desktop, but it is nowhere to be found on my Kobo.

Whenever I have an issue with the Kobo version of the eBook, I just download the ePub and upload it via Adobe Digital Editions. However, this book has no ePub version available. Which is fine.. IF THE DARN KOBO BOOK WOULD LOAD ONTO MY KOBO AS IT SHOULD!!

I really don't want to have to sit infront of my computer screen to enjoy this book. The backlit screen hurts my eyes. Any help is much appreciated.

And I have emailed Kobo support. But they aren't usually the most helpful bunch.
lmslugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
That happened to me recently with a book preview not showing up on the reader. It was listed in my library and I couldn't download again because the store said I already had it.
Anyway, it finally appeared when I turned the reader off completely, restarted it and then synced again.
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmslugo View Post
My issue is I bought 3 books last night. One of them is brand new (released Feb 4/2014), the other 2 were older. All 3 books synced to my Kobo Desktop and I plugged in the Kobo and synced it. Ejected it, unplugged it, got ready to read and.... Only 2 of the books are there. The new book isn't there. At all.
Can you share which book it is? Some aren't available for eink devices at all, only tablets.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:49 AM   #4
lmslugo

It was this one, I think it's available on ereader...
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-ca/boo...g&PageNumber=1

But I got a reply from Kobo today. They are giving me a refund.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:09 AM   #5
lmslugo

BUT from what I understand the book was available to read on my ereader (have attached screenshot of book as listed on the Kobo site). I'm stumped. How do I make sure this doesn't happen again? How do I know which books are really going to be compatible with my Kobo eReader?
Click image for larger version

Name:	book.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	420.8 KB
ID:	119333

And here was the reply from Kobo, in case anyone else has a similar issue:

"Dear Lisa,
Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care. We are glad to assist you.

Due to a high volume of emails lately we have not been able to respond in the established time frame. Please accept our apologies for the delay in response and for the download issue you are experiencing with your eBook.

We have looked into your case and please be advised that even though the eBook "Burn" is compatible with the Kobo Desktop Application, this one is not compatible with your Kobo Wifi eReader. Unfortunately, you will not be able to download it using the Adobe Application either due to the missing Adobe DRM button.

In this case, we can definitely provide you with a refund or a store credit for the money that you paid for this eBook. For explanation purposes, both options are being detailed below.

1. Store Credit: This option is to provide you with store credit for the value of the book which will be applied towards your Kobo account. The store credit can be used to purchase another book of your preference from the Kobo store. It may take 24 to 48 business hours for this amount to be credited in your Kobo account.

2. Refund: is a process were your credit card is refunded and it takes 5 to 7 business days for the refund to be shown on your bank statement.

In either case the book will be deleted from your account. We thank you for your patience and understanding. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to include it in the reply to this email.
Here is your ticket number: XXXXXXX
Sincerely,
The Kobo Team"

Last edited by lmslugo; 02-21-2014 at 01:26 AM.

Tags
can't read, ebook, kobo