Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2022, 10:21 AM   #46
martinot
Swedish Kobo User
martinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle Paperwhite 11, iPad mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by di9girl View Post
I believe the Sage is the newer version of the Forma, so it's down to the Sage or the Libra 2 I guess.
Well, not really.

One would think so, and I hoped so then the Sage was annouced. But in reallity it is more of a "Elipsa Mini" than a "Forma 2".

I would absolutley go for the Forma.
martinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:23 AM   #47
martinot
Swedish Kobo User
martinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Also, the Forma has a plastic substrate, making it less likely to "screen" breakage.
Yes, very crash proof. It also makes for a really light device to hold for long time reading, even if it has a big 8" screen.

I think it was very unfortunate that Kobo did not continue with that type of screen.
Old 02-14-2022, 10:29 AM   #48
martinot
Swedish Kobo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
I've had a Forma for many years and can't imagine a better e-reader. Then I scratched the screen right before the new models came out. So I of course ordered the Sage and, although the screen was sharper, I was deeply disappointed by its weight compared to the Forma. So I decided to order a new Forma but in the interim, just like Mitch, I saw Amazon could get me a Libra 2 on one day delivery. I ordered that and have not gone back. It's an amazing device. It's almost the same weight as the Forma, but has a much sharper, even contrast, screen. And I don't miss the extra inch of screen size, although I thought I would. I also thought I would not like the recessed screen and I find I like it quite a bit. And I also appreciate the slightly smaller size of the Libra 2 for portability.
I love my Forma (so much that I have bought two extra; one for my wife and one for spare), but for me it sounds like if I had to choose between the two new Kobos, I would guess that I probably would go for the Libra 2 over the Sage.

I would probably hate losing the fantastic 8" screen real estate, but I guess I would go more crazy with the high weight of the Sage and the high battery consumption.
Old 02-15-2022, 01:58 PM   #49
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by di9girl View Post
I usually avoid things like that... I remember going into a store and buying anything electrical and they try to hit you with the extended warranty for crazy money lol.

But, I'll see what it costs when I come to purchase.
two things i've noticed regarding Argos and John Lewis. firstly Argos as stopped offering extended warrantys/Breakdown Care on Kobo's (i have no idea why) but it's still available for all Kindle's. secondly John Lewis aren't stocking any new Kobo starting from the Elipsa.

best wishes koboy

Last edited by koboy; 02-15-2022 at 02:03 PM.
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo forma, kobo libra 2, kobo sage