Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #61
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Once you have ActivePython installed it should have been added to your path. You should be able to go to a cmd prompt, change to the directory with the .py file in it, type the name of the file like mobidedrm and press enter. If it returns the name/version you are good to go.

BOb
BTW, don't forget to add the .py extension to mobidedrm above or you may need 'python mobidedrm' to make this work.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:04 PM   #62
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
BTW, don't forget to add the .py extension to mobidedrm above or you may need 'python mobidedrm' to make this work.
Right... I guess it depends on if ActivePython adds a file association to .py files or not. If it does then you shouldn't need the .py... but if it does then you shouldn't. (I think, but could be wrong. )

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #63
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Do I need to put the ereader2html.py file and the ereader book on the python directory?
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:53 PM   #64
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After my first try I get this,

Whats next?

Edit: Finally figured it out conversion done

Thx Guys

Last edited by Gibbo; 09-26-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:03 PM   #65
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
After my first try I get this,

Whats next?
Follow the instructions in the usage message. You need repeat the name of the program and provide the information requested on the same line as the program with each time separated by spaces. If a file name has spaces in it then surround it with quotes. Surround your name with quotes as shown in the usage statement. You are making progress. Outdir is the name of the folder you want to put the result file in. You can use a . for that and it will be in the directory you are already in.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #66
Gibbo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Follow the instructions in the usage message. You need repeat the name of the program and provide the information requested on the same line as the program with each time separated by spaces. If a file name has spaces in it then surround it with quotes. Surround your name with quotes as shown in the usage statement. You are making progress. Outdir is the name of the folder you want to put the result file in. You can use a . for that and it will be in the directory you are already in.
Thx DaleDe took me a while but finally figured it out
Old 09-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #67
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Right... I guess it depends on if ActivePython adds a file association to .py files or not. If it does then you shouldn't need the .py... but if it does then you shouldn't. (I think, but could be wrong. )
Actually, the ability to run a Python script without the extension depends upon whether the installer adds .py to the PATHEXT system environment variable. (I believe it does, though I run a different Python distribution on Windows.)
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:31 PM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The real Python comes from http://www.python.org and active python is just a cheap imitation.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:21 AM   #69
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Actually, the ability to run a Python script without the extension depends upon whether the installer adds .py to the PATHEXT system environment variable. (I believe it does, though I run a different Python distribution on Windows.)
Ah... you're right of course. I totally forgot about PATHEXT.

BOB
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #70
Gibbo
Guru

Love this program, just bought from Fictionwise the Heritage Trilogy by Ian Douglas and got the normal rebate plus 5% extra
Old 09-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #71
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
So, question...I have the ereader2html.py script; I have python installed (been using mobidedrm just fine). My question is:

If you buy something from Fictionwise using either Micropay or Paypal, how does that affect your syntax? The command is: ereader2html.py infile outfolder "name" "CC #"

What do you use for name/CC# when using Micropay or Paypal?
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #72
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The same as for books bought with CC, as the name and CC# used for encoding eReader eBooks is stored in your profile, not taken from the last transaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
So, question...I have the ereader2html.py script; I have python installed (been using mobidedrm just fine). My question is:

If you buy something from Fictionwise using either Micropay or Paypal, how does that affect your syntax? The command is: ereader2html.py infile outfolder "name" "CC #"

What do you use for name/CC# when using Micropay or Paypal?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #73
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The same as for books bought with CC, as the name and CC# used for encoding eReader eBooks is stored in your profile, not taken from the last transaction.
Thanks. I'll go take a look at my profile. I only joined Fictionwise club about 1 week ago, so hadn't really looked at anything about ereader formats before.

Are there many known "gotchas" with re: to converting ereader to html then to mobi (using mobipocket creator)?
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:42 PM   #74
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Texasnightowl: I don't think you'll have a problem going from Ereader>html>mobi as I go from ereader>html>imp all the time and don't need to do anything to the output.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #75
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Are there many known "gotchas" with re: to converting ereader to html then to mobi (using mobipocket creator)?
No real "gotchas" that I have experienced. In some cases I had to (or wanted to) do some minor tweaking of the HTML file before using Mobipocket Creator to generate the mobi file. I found, for instance, that some of my ereader books turned into center-justified Mobipocket books.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote