Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-20-2023, 07:22 AM   #106
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I forget where we left all this.
Did you try this one? It's new.
Or the two 0014's here. One is new.

I don't remember if we determined whether you were Secure Boot or not.
If you weren't then you don't have to worry about the hash bit.
OTOH, since a single Firehose loader can cover multiple HWID you've got about 700 possibilities.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 09:22 AM   #107
denisuu
Zealot
denisuu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Leaf 2 (White)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I forget where we left all this.
Did you try this one? It's new.
Or the two 0014's here. One is new.

I don't remember if we determined whether you were Secure Boot or not.
If you weren't then you don't have to worry about the hash bit.
OTOH, since a single Firehose loader can cover multiple HWID you've got about 700 possibilities.
I don't think we figured out if it's secure boot or not.

Code:
Sending 0014d0e100720000_1bebe3863a6781db_fhprg.bin 100% Ok
Waiting for Firehose... No response, poking...

Sending 0014d0e100720000_1bebe3863a6781db_fhprg.bin 100% Ok

PS C:\Android Tools> .\edl.exe /l0014d0e100000000_d40eee56f3194665_FHPRG.bin
Found EDL 9008
Received unexpected 12 command
Resetting Sahara
Received unexpected 04 command
No luck with those, should I try B. Kerler's EDL application?
denisuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2023, 09:44 AM   #108
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisuu View Post
No luck with those...
You didn't have a clean test of the d40eee.
Do a reset and try again.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:30 PM   #109
denisuu
Zealot

Quote:
You didn't have a clean test of the d40eee.
Do a reset and try again.
I rebooted the device and tried again, still no luck though.

Code:
Sending 0014d0e100000000_d40eee56f3194665_FHPRG.bin 100% Ok
Could not write device
Old 04-20-2023, 03:06 PM   #110
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisuu View Post
... still no luck though.
Correct, but if it doesn't even try to load the Firehose we can't tell anything.

Many of the processors are similar enough that a loader for one will work on another.
OTOH, major hardware difference (RAM, power management) will prevent a loader from working.
(I hadn't known off-hand, but I just checked. Firehose, like xbl does use DRAM. This makes Firehose loaders more particular as to type and mapping. PBL obviously does not use DRAM because it can have no knowledge of it.)

What is the latest model Onyx for which we have a working Firehose loader?
Has Onyx gotten hardnose on SecureBoot? I don't know.

Still, I wish that I had bought a case of Poke3's so that I could just remain blissfully ignorant and in the past.
Advert
Old 04-30-2023, 09:56 AM   #111
denisuu
Zealot

There's a new boot image in the last update for the Leaf2 (2023-04-20_11-32_3.3.2_9916cdce0). Here are the updated instructions to root the Leaf2.

1. Test if ADB and Fastboot are working, if the commands below don't work, install ADB and the Google USB drivers

Code:
PS C:\00 - Standalone\ADB> .\adb.exe devices
List of devices attached
1EED4B07        device

PS C:\> adb reboot bootloader
PS C:\>  .\fastboot.exe devices
1EED4B07        fastboot

PS C:\>  .\fastboot.exe reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: -0.000s
2. Download decryptBooxUpdateUPX from Github

3. Open Powershell or CMD and run:
Code:
pip install pycryptodome
4. Download the update from the Boox website or from your device.

5. Add the update.upx to the decryptBooxUpdateUPX folder and run the following command in Powershell:
Code:
python DebooxUpx.py Leaf2
6. Extract the payload.bin from the update.zip file.
7. Download Payload Dumper GUI
8. Extract the payload.bin
9. Move the extracted boot.img to the internal storage on your Leaf2
10. In Magisk tap: 'Install' > 'Next' > 'Select and Patch a File' > (Select your boot.img) > 'Let's Go'
11. Once complete, copy the 'magisk_patched-xxxxx_xxxxx.img to your PC

12. In Powershell run:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
13. Wait a bit and run the following commands (with the correct image name ofcourse):
Code:
PS C:\> adb reboot bootloader

PS C:\>  fastboot devices
1EED4B07        fastboot

PS C:\> fastboot boot .\magisk_patched-26100_P0gYT.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  2.130s]
booting...
OKAY [  0.143s]
finished. total time: 2.274s
14. If the device successfully boots you can install the patched boot image from magisk
15. In Magisk tap: 'Install' > 'Next' > 'Direct Install (Recommended) > 'Let's Go'

Last edited by denisuu; 04-30-2023 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-01-2023, 01:16 PM   #112
popej
Connoisseur
popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox leaf 2 black
Which version of Magisk are you using?
Magisk 25.2 works, but I wonder if upgrade to 26.1 is safe.
popej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 02:02 PM   #113
denisuu
Zealot

I'm using 26.1 didn't notice any problems.

Btw: You're also using AFWall+ right? Do you know if there's a way to make it survive killing all applications in the multitasking switcher? There are unlocked icons next to the running apps in the new update, so I would asume there's a way to lock them. It sucks that killing everything closes AFWall+ so you have to kill all the apps separately.
Old 05-01-2023, 02:12 PM   #114
popej
Connoisseur
popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox leaf 2 black
Thanks.
I haven't updated system yet. I don't know how to kill all apps, is there a possibility? Killing manually only AFWall+ works, but it is what you should expect.
popej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 01:04 PM   #115
livewirerc
livewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo H2O
Issues with accessing SD card via Moon+ Reader or FX File Explorer

I recently updated my Boox Leaf 2 to the latest firmware, and now I can no longer access the epub files (or anything else for that matter) on my SD card, either via Moon+ Reader, or via my preferred file manager FX File Explorer.

Using the built-in reader and file explorer "works", so it seems that the files are still there and accessible, but not via other applications. Does anybody have any tips on how to properly access files on the SD card under the latest firmware?

In FX File Explorer, when I click "Connect to Storage" in the three dot menu, any time I navigate to the root of the SD card and click "Use This Folder", I get "To protect your privacy, choose another folder". This is frustrating as it worked days ago prior to the firmware update.

Last edited by livewirerc; 05-08-2023 at 01:07 PM.
livewirerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 01:19 PM   #116
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewirerc View Post
I can no longer access the epub files...
Did you check (stock Google) Settings > Apps > Whatever > Permissions?
Code:
C:\>adb shell am start -n com.android.settings/.Settings
Old 05-08-2023, 01:27 PM   #117
livewirerc
livewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenlivewirerc has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Quote:
Code:
I've not done the command line method, but if I go into App Management > App Info > FX > Permissions, I've confirmed that Files and Media: All Files is allowed. Is this what you're referring to?

Additionally, I've found that I can mount directories from my SD Card directly within FX File Explorer, but I can't mount the root of the SD card. For instance, my card is called LEAF1TB, so I can mount LEAF1TB\Books, and it shows up as "Books" on my home screen in FX File Explorer, which is progress, but I'd much rather mount the root of the card so I can navigate it like I used to be able to.
Old 05-08-2023, 01:44 PM   #118
livewirerc

Quote:
Code:
I've not done so via ADB, but did go into app management for FX and confirmed files and media access was allowed. Is this what you're referring to? That lets me see files on the device itself but I still can't read the SD card.
Old 05-08-2023, 05:25 PM   #119
Renate
Wizard

Oh, you're talking about a physical SD card?
You shouldn't have to do any mounting yourself.
It should be mounted already as extsd.
What does "mount" say?
Old 05-10-2023, 02:56 PM   #120
denisuu
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by popej View Post
Thanks.
I haven't updated system yet. I don't know how to kill all apps, is there a possibility? Killing manually only AFWall+ works, but it is what you should expect.
I meant the gesture when swiping up (Settings.png) There must be a way to lock AFwall+? Why is there a lock icon next to the apps otherwise?

It would be nice to just be able to push the trash icon and kill all apps without it killing AFwall+.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Settings.png
Views:	72
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	201482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Multitasking switcher.png
Views:	88
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	201483