Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-27-2024, 02:56 PM   #781
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
I have 2,000+ books on mine and it says I have 8.50 GB left.

Jim
Thank you
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 02:48 PM   #782
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Amazon has announced that handwritten sticky notes can now be read in the Kindle for Android app.

Quote:
View in-book handwritten notes in the Kindle app on Android.

Now you can view handwritten sticky notes taken on Kindle Scribe on the Kindle app for Android or Fire OS. All your notes and highlights are accessible in the app, even if your Kindle Scribe isn't nearby. Download the Kindle app from the App Store or visit the Setup and Registration page for installation help.

Kindle app for Android version 8.97.100 and Kindle app for Fire OS version 14.97.100 or higher is required. View version info in the app by clicking More > Info > About.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 08:40 PM   #783
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Amazon has announced that handwritten sticky notes can now be read in the Kindle for Android app.
Yes, I can confirm it works.

But pen annotations for Print Replica personal documents do not show, and you cannot see handwritten sticky notes with read.amazon.com, or other Kindles running the same firmware version as Scribe.

I still find 'sticky' an unpleasant adjective to use. I never used physical sticky notes and stickiness is not something I want anywhere near my reading devices. 'Handwritten notes' would have been sufficient.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 09:10 AM   #784
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Yes, I can confirm it works.

But pen annotations for Print Replica personal documents do not show, and you cannot see handwritten sticky notes with read.amazon.com, or other Kindles running the same firmware version as Scribe.

I still find 'sticky' an unpleasant adjective to use. I never used physical sticky notes and stickiness is not something I want anywhere near my reading devices. 'Handwritten notes' would have been sufficient.
I am okay with sticky notes. You really don't "write" on the book, but it is rather than writing a note on a sticky note, and stick that on the page.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 09:27 AM   #785
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well I have my Scribe. I gambled and bought one second hand on eBay. It’s a basic 16GB with Basic Pen but it came with the mulberry leather case and I paid just under £200 for it (including next day postage). I am in love with it. I’d definitely update if they bought out a new model, perhaps with waterproofing, as I like to read in the bath and by the pool.

The first thing I did was use the browser and go to A03 and downloaded a story as AZW3 and it appeared on my home page. It worked perfectly.

It’s truly a thing of beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8657.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	956.2 KB
ID:	207966  
Old 05-01-2024, 11:46 AM   #786
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Well I have my Scribe. I gambled and bought one second hand on eBay. It’s a basic 16GB with Basic Pen but it came with the mulberry leather case and I paid just under £200 for it (including next day postage). I am in love with it. I’d definitely update if they bought out a new model, perhaps with waterproofing, as I like to read in the bath and by the pool.

The first thing I did was use the browser and go to A03 and downloaded a story as AZW3 and it appeared on my home page. It worked perfectly.

Enjoy!

You won't be disappointed with the storage space. The only reason to buy bigger size is if you see yourself start reading a bunch of graphic novels, or any other kind of picture books with more pics than text.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 05:38 AM   #787
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post

I'm glad it worked out for you, but buying on ebay is taking a chance. I bought a "used" one on Amazon and it looks like brand new - not a mark on it. I bought a "used" Paperwhite before that looked like brand new, so I was willing to try it again.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 06:28 AM   #788
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I'm glad it worked out for you, but buying on ebay is taking a chance. I bought a "used" one on Amazon and it looks like brand new - not a mark on it. I bought a "used" Paperwhite before that looked like brand new, so I was willing to try it again.
I would have preferred to buy a used one on Amazon but in the UK there isn’t any.