Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-25-2024, 07:42 AM   #1
svkytbsld
Enthusiast
svkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Libra 2
"Read samples" on Amazon vs. Real Life

When I check the "Read Sample" option on Amazon's website, I notice that most of the books have the same problem: superscripts make the line-heights inconsistent... You can see what I mean in attached screenshot.

Is this problem present on actual Kindle devices or does the .kfx format provide consistent line-heights on contrary to the web page display? Is there anybody who had purchased books (includes text with superscripts) from Amazon can check it for me? Especially on min. line-height option on Kindle...

PS: I know it is possible to fix it in .epub and .azw3 formats or that I can do some conversion works from .kfx to .epub and back to .kfx. I am specifically asking about original .kfx books directly purchased from Amazon.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sshot.png
Views:	115
Size:	450.8 KB
ID:	207821  

Last edited by svkytbsld; 04-25-2024 at 07:49 AM.
svkytbsld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 06:13 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The only KFX ebook I found on my Paperwhite 4 that had superscripts and subscripts has the same issue with the gaps between lines. I agree that changing the vertical-align property would help with this.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-25-2024 at 06:15 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2024, 05:42 PM   #3
escaner
escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th
To be sure, you can purchase the book and return it if you dont like what you see. I have done it twice (once I mistapped on my phone 1 Click buy in my favourites list and the other there was a format problem). It was very straightforward.
escaner is offline   Reply With Quote