Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-05-2024, 06:11 AM   #1
hecq
Enthusiast
hecq began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Arrow Sending books to Kobo (KOReader) from Calibre never shows as "on device"

I'm using Calibre on a Kobo Clara HD, with the latest KOReader installed.

While KOReader is running, I'm transferring new books with Calibre, I have KOReader sync and kepub plugins installed.

In the device's settings (in Calibre), I have set it to put the books at the root of the main memory, the template is
Code:
{title} - {authors}
. I have checked and unchecked "use subfolders" but didn't notice any difference.

I want all books to be at the root directory because KOReader doesn't have the same browser as the native Kobo app where it will show all books including those in subdirectories. I don't want to remember the author's name to find a book to read.

When transferring a book with these settings, it will show as "On Device" (with a checkmark and "Main") right after transferring the book. But if I disconnect and reconnect the Kobo, Calibre will not show that it is on the device anymore until I transfer it again. Checking the mass storage volume, I can see the files present at
Code:
./
. Same thing happens when transferring while the Kobo stock launcher is open.

It used to work fine when the books were going to the default
Code:
{ authors_sort }/{ title } - { authors }

How do I get Calibre to understand that the book is actually already there?

Last edited by hecq; 05-06-2024 at 05:08 AM.
hecq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 02:52 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Your question seems totally unrelated to KOReader.

Also calibre, on its default config, its pretty hardcoded to each device stock settings.

There's a chance calibre won't figure out the books are already on device until those books are not recognized/scanned by nickel.

I'm not a heavy calibre user, so my suggestion might sound weird to fans out there:

1. disable kobo driver and whatever kobo plugins you have.
2. use connect to folder. Push books that way.
3. setup your wireless inbox to the same dir used in 2

With these 3 steps you'll be able to push books wired and wireless. It should behave ok mixing both methods and you won't rely on whatever stock thingies calibre expects there.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, koreader