Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-04-2024, 06:16 AM   #1
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
calibre 7.10 Spell-check GUI lay-out suggestion

Related to this bug, I would like to make a small suggestion to make the Spell-check view more coherent.
See attachment (left= current situation, right= suggested lay-out)
Just my 2cts ...

PS: I like the new opt-out settings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Evidence-A.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	208030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Evidence-B.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	208031  
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 10:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...078022d5d845ee
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 09:33 AM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 09:14 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Windows 10, Calibre Preview 7.10.100.0

Name:	new.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	208178

No word counts .

IMO would have been better to have all the checkboxes adjacent to one another, so that one can tab between them.

The new check boxes don't have accelerator keys, and afaik the Filter text box has never had one.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 09:19 PM   #5
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
No word counts .
In the header bar? 41 misspelled of 1188 total words.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 11:07 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
maybe Dr Chiper can explain the rationale, and if there is one why it should not be applied to the book counts in the library manager

Notepad++, LO Writer, File Explorer, Word, IrfanView, Excel, even lowly Paint, and just about every other program I use has the 'stats' in the 'status line'.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 02:50 AM   #7
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Off topic:

While looking at this new editor dialog, I did a comparison using a portable instance with default UI font on Windows, and found a setting I can't recall if I've modified it myself or it was something else that caused it. I have this in main Calibre gui.json:

"font": [
"Segoe UI",
false
],

In the portable instance's gui.json, I don't see any "font": setting, despite it looking exactly the same in Preferences - Look and Feel - Segoe UI size 9pt.

Perhaps I found this weight setting by accident, and as I really like that '600', instead of normal 400 weight, I left it that way. I can't remember. Now I wonder, what does the parameter 'false' mean in that context? Below are the captures, probably not much acknowledgeable as I think MR compresses .png attachments:

Portable - default weight

Name:	default weght -Check spelling.png
Views:	19
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	208184

Main - weight 600

Name:	weight 600 -Check spelling.png
Views:	17
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	208183

As for the main topic, I find the new appearance more "organized", though I don't see some accelerator keys, indeed.

Name:	2024-05-11 02_42_57-Spellcheck showing_ 361 misspelled of 6059 total words.png
Views:	21
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	208185

Last edited by Comfy.n; 05-11-2024 at 03:40 AM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote