Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-15-2024, 02:57 AM   #31831
Ayleth
Ayleth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I'm reading two books at the moment.

My 'main focus' is Shōgun by James Clavell. It's been on my to-read backlog for well over a decade — now that the show's come out, my fiancé has told me that I have to hurry up and finish the book, or I can't complain about spoilers.

It's massive, especially since I'm still getting back into the swing of reading after an extended hiatus. I'm 56% of the way through and taking a break with the much shorter and faster-paced Zombie by Joyce Carol Oates. So far it's disgusting and absolutely gripping — I'll probably finish it right after posting this.
Ayleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:30 AM   #31832
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
And now I'm reading The Loving Cup by Winston Graham. The tenth novel in his Cornish Saga about the Poldark family.
And it was enjoyable in a soap-opera kind of way.

Next up: Disobedient by Elizabeth Freemantle. A novelisation of the life of Artemesia Gentileschi (early 17th century painter). So far, I'd like more footnotes. I hope there's a good afterword that clarifies what's actually known.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote