Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-04-2024, 06:06 PM   #1
emmur0
emmur0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Inkpalm 5 pro
L/R Margins

I was under the impression KOReader allowed for left and right margins to touch the side of the screen. Essentially having no margin is my goal. I am using an InkPalm 5 Pro with the L/R Margins both set to 0 and still have margins on the left and right at what I would call 5.

After searching I was unable to find a solution and curious if there is a settings "trick" i am missing.
emmur0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 06:09 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmur0 View Post
I was under the impression KOReader allowed for left and right margins to touch the side of the screen. Essentially having no margin is my goal. I am using an InkPalm 5 Pro with the L/R Margins both set to 0 and still have margins on the left and right at what I would call 5.

After searching I was unable to find a solution and curious if there is a settings "trick" i am missing.
It could be that your eBook has L/R margins set. You'll need to use either the calibre editor or Sigil to edit the CSS and change the L/R margins to 0.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 08:36 PM   #3
emmur0
emmur0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Inkpalm 5 pro
Thank you that’s exactly what it was and I hadn’t thought the book file could have different settings.

New device so still testing out , opened a second file and it was edge to edge (way more than I expected).
emmur0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 11:51 PM   #4
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Go to bottom menu, last tab - disable publisher styles, to test this.

This breaks many other styles as well. If you need them back, enable again, then create a Style Tweak to override the margins. For example, with:
p {
margin: 0 !important;
}

Or any other margins (read CSS documentation).
Styles Tweaks are in the manual: http://koreader.rocks/user_guide/
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 05:37 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Go to bottom menu, last tab - disable publisher styles, to test this.

This breaks many other styles as well. If you need them back, enable again, then create a Style Tweak to override the margins. For example, with:
p {
margin: 0 !important;
}

Or any other margins (read CSS documentation).
Styles Tweaks are in the manual: http://koreader.rocks/user_guide/
But you may need L/R margins for offset text. It's best to edit all the eBooks instead o breaking anything. And you may need top/bottom margins. So this solution can easily break many things,
Old 05-06-2024, 02:59 PM   #6
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
There's an styletweak *almost* for that in "style tweaks -> pages and margins -> horizontal margins -> ignore horizontal paragraph margins"

which is just

Code:
p, li { 
  margin-left: 0 !important;
  margin-right: 0 !important;
}
It should behave properly unless the rest of the book is coded by monkeys

As mergen3107 said you could also write your own styletweak.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 04:31 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
There's an styletweak *almost* for that in "style tweaks -> pages and margins -> horizontal margins -> ignore horizontal paragraph margins"

which is just

Code:
p, li { 
  margin-left: 0 !important;
  margin-right: 0 !important;
}
It should behave properly unless the rest of the book is coded by monkeys

As mergen3107 said you could also write your own styletweak.
if you add that CSS code, some offset text will not be offset any longer. So that's not a good idea. Then only real way to do it is t edit the CSS code for every eBook.
Old 05-08-2024, 11:19 AM   #8
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
if you add that CSS code, some offset text will not be offset any longer. So that's not a good idea. Then only real way to do it is t edit the CSS code for every eBook.
Are you theorizing about crappy epubs out there or do you happen to have the source of the file mentioned in OP?

In any case changing the css code of the book on the fly is what styletweaks do. And whatever changes you suggest to do within the epub can be implemented as css snippets into styletweaks.

If some potential offset happens on some potential books on real life or in your imagination you just need to adjust the selectors to make sure the relevant styles are applied where they make sense.

Please stop making noise in here, thanks
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 11:58 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Are you theorizing about crappy epubs out there or do you happen to have the source of the file mentioned in OP?

In any case changing the css code of the book on the fly is what styletweaks do. And whatever changes you suggest to do within the epub can be implemented as css snippets into styletweaks.

If some potential offset happens on some potential books on real life or in your imagination you just need to adjust the selectors to make sure the relevant styles are applied where they make sense.

Please stop making noise in here, thanks
I'm saying for you make the L/R margins 0 and !important, you will override any L/R margins that are meant to be offset.