Notices

Old 02-26-2018, 04:03 AM   #1
Strrav
Enthusiast
Strrav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O edition 2
Kobo H2O 2nd night mode impossible

Hello
On Kobo H2O 2nd Edition, night mode, white letter on black background does not exist. Why ? it is nevertheless very practical.
Is the people from Kobo going to put it in a next update?
And how to activate it by special trick ?
Thank you
Strrav
Strrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:00 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strrav View Post
Hello
On Kobo H2O 2nd Edition, night mode, white letter on black background does not exist. Why ? it is nevertheless very practical.
Personally, I don't like it. And there are lots of problems with how to do it. For example, do you reverse the images as well? Is ghosting worse? What does a full screen refresh do?
Quote:
Is the people from Kobo going to put it in a next update?
Absolutely no idea. Kobo doesn't announce changes before an update is released.
Quote:
And how to activate it by special trick ?
There are two ways. There is the night mode hack with a long thread about it. For current firmware, you need to look towards the end of the thread for details.

Kobo did add support for it in a recent firmware, but there is no way to turn it on using the UI. You need to add the following entries into the config file:

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
InvertScreen=true
Also, you have made seven posts on this in the last hour. It is considered rude to multi-post like this. Please give people a chance to replay.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2018, 03:46 AM   #3
Strrav
Enthusiast
Strrav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O edition 2
hello Davidfor, I apologise for my multiple posts. i am new on this forum and don't know how to erase my posts...

i don t understand all (I am french) but I try
I thank you for your clear answer.
Strrav is offline   Reply With Quote