Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2023, 09:20 AM   #1
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Kobo stock reader not honouring styles?

I have a book in ePub format which is being shown with space between paragraphs and without indentation in the first line. Same book is shown properly in KOReader and the Calibre editor.

These are the classes for body and regular paragraph:
Code:
.calibre {
  display: block;
  padding-left: 0;
  padding-right: 0;
  text-align: justify;
  font-size: 1em;
  text-indent: 1.2em;
  line-height: 1.2em;
  margin: 0;
  widows: 1;
  orphans: 1;
}
.calibre1 {
  margin: 0;
}
This is the class for first paragraph in chapter which is no indented and has margins on top:
Code:
.noindent {
  text-indent: 0;
  margin: 3em 0 0;
}
I always use KOReader and I was surprised to see this. Is it something normal in stock reader?

Sent from my 22081212UG using Tapatalk

Last edited by jospalau; 09-30-2023 at 10:32 AM.
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 09:46 AM   #2
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Nope, not normal at all. The only thing I can think is there is some kind of fundamental error in this specific epub the other readers are ignoring, but Adobe is discarding the entire css.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2023, 10:09 AM   #3
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
Code:
noindent {
  text-indent: 0;
  margin: 3em 0 0;
}
I believe that css property "noindent" does not exist, so ".noindent" would be more appropriate.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 10:32 AM   #4
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
I believe that css property "noindent" does not exist, so ".noindent" would be more appropriate.
That's an error copy pasting. I will edit the post.

Old 09-30-2023, 10:39 AM   #5
jospalau
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Nope, not normal at all. The only thing I can think is there is some kind of fundamental error in this specific epub the other readers are ignoring, but Adobe is discarding the entire css.
It is the only explanation.

I will look a bit more but it is one of the first files I edit manually and I was baffled the stock reader is not showing it properly when it is said to be the best in honouring the stylesheets. If anyone can confirm the default stock reader style does not indent and sets big margins in paragraph when no style, that's it.

Advert
Old 09-30-2023, 10:53 AM   #6
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Kobo can indent and adjust its margins via css. Be sure to manually disable the device settings as indicated below. Otherwise they will override your ebook css settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	54
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	204018  
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 11:07 AM   #7
jospalau
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Kobo can indent and adjust its margins via css. Be sure to manually disable the device settings as indicated below. Otherwise they will override your ebook css settings.
An align-justify property in another class was missing ; at the end and as you said the styles were being dropped. For some reason I introduced the error