Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-23-2017, 12:19 AM   #1
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
two instances and clips, saved searches

Often I open two instances of Sigil, to compare or copy stuff between books.

I've noticed that in one instance if I use "saved searches" or "clips", that it does not show my own text, but the default only. The other instance does have my text.

I haven't dared to save any text into the default, fearing it will wipe out my own text.

I guess using two instances isn't officially supported, but since you can do it, would be nice if could be done safely.

(But please don't just make it impossible, I'd rather have it a bit flaky than be only allowed one instance.)

Last edited by AlanHK; 09-23-2017 at 08:03 AM.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:58 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
See the thread immediately below this one (or above it, as the case may be). It seems to be a Windows-only issue (that not all Windows users experience).

Multiple instances of Sigil is definitely officially supported. We just haven't been able to track this issue down, yet.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-23-2017 at 10:52 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert