Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2024, 02:04 AM   #16
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
I have had my libra coulour since the 30th of april, I'm comfortable with it. Read with 10% of light in daylight and about 3 to 4 at bed time with no other light on. With paper books, I just can’t read outside if there's sun, it "burns" my eyes. So far very happy with the libra Colour. I have read 2 comics (from Kobo Plus), and currently reading an Agatha Christie Novel. I have nothing bad to report. Thouroughly enjoyed reading comics on it. I have bought a third party cover for it. The hole for the usb c charging port is a bit off, but it’s easy to fix. I used also my stylus (first version, with battery, no usb port) that I bought with my Sage. The Libra colour is lighter to carry in my bag when going to work, so that’s a plus for me, as it doesn’t bother me to turn the page when I'm done with one.
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 08:42 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen&Paper View Post
Yes. But wait till you get one. It's very subjective.
Setting the light on the Libra Color so it matches the Libra 2 (with no light) is not subjective.

However, what light level you do like is subjective.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2024, 08:59 AM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Setting the light on the Libra Color so it matches the Libra 2 (with no light) is not subjective.

I agree!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 10:44 AM   #19
cycojesus
Enthusiast
cycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
I was apprehensive about the darker screen and 150 dpi colors. In practice, coming from a Sage, I have no complain. I still keep lighting at around 5%, reading mostly before bed in a dimly lit room.
cycojesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 11:46 AM   #20
Pen&Paper
Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite & Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:

That’s what I was implying, in not so many words.

Are you going to get one or will you continue to argue every review?
Pen&Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2024, 12:00 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That’s what I was implying, in not so many words.

Are you going to get one or will you continue to argue every review?
A proper review when comparing two devices need to have the same font and the font size the same or as close to the same size as possible. The review that compared the Voyage to the Libra 2 used two completely different fonts that look completely different so showing how the screens compare is not actually possible. The Voyage had a slab serif without the thin lines. The Libra 2 has a serif font with thin lines. Two completely different fonts. So the comparison was a failure. That's the problem. If both had the same or a similar enough font as the same or a similar size, then the comparison would have been valid.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:20 PM   #22
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
A proper review when comparing two devices need to have the same font and the font size the same or as close to the same size as possible. The review that compared the Voyage to the Libra 2 used two completely different fonts that look completely different so showing how the screens compare is not actually possible. The Voyage had a slab serif without the thin lines. The Libra 2 has a serif font with thin lines. Two completely different fonts. So the comparison was a failure. That's the problem. If both had the same or a similar enough font as the same or a similar size, then the comparison would have been valid.
I agree. The content, physical size of font, font chosen and ambient light enough to read paper print needs to be the same with same photo distance/lens/zoom, white balance, exposure etc all locked. Otherwise you are guessing when you look. Also high resolution stills, ideally png, because video is too poor in comparison with compression and usually automatic settings. There should be sample paper print at the same lens and photo settings to see the ambient colour temperature and lighting brightness.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:19 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I agree. The content, physical size of font, font chosen and ambient light enough to read paper print needs to be the same with same photo distance/lens/zoom, white balance, exposure etc all locked. Otherwise you are guessing when you look. Also high resolution stills, ideally png, because video is too poor in comparison with compression and usually automatic settings. There should be sample paper print at the same lens and photo settings to see the ambient colour temperature and lighting brightness.
I've seen plenty of good videos that showed what was meant to be shown. The video I am talking about was shot well. But the setup of the Voyage and Libra 2 was not correct so no matter how good the video is, it's not an accurate comparison.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:50 PM   #24
Pen&Paper
Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pen&Paper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I'm looking forward to your video review!
Old 05-03-2024, 01:58 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I'm looking forward to your video review!
I do not own a Voyage. Nor do I have access to one.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:12 PM   #26
Pen&Paper

Quote:
I do not own a Voyage. Nor do I have access to one.
Of the Libra Colour, of course, and whatever other ereader you have for comparison.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:21 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Of the Libra Colour, of course, and whatever other ereader you have for comparison.
You will be waiting for a very long time as I am not planning on buying a Libra Color. Would you like to donate the money to me to buy one?
Old 05-03-2024, 02:47 PM   #28
Pen&Paper

Quote:
You will be waiting for a very long time as I am not planning on buying a Libra Color. Would you like to donate the money to me to buy one?
Oh! OK. It's more fun to criticized every review you see.
Old 05-03-2024, 03:45 PM   #29
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Forma / Onyx Boox Page
That would be awesome to have someone able to compare a boox vs a kobo Kaleido 3 screen on colour performance.

I think I'll go try see the Kobo Libra/Clara colour in a shop tomorrow. But no way to find a Boox in any French physical store.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 04:37 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Oh! OK. It's more fun to criticized every review you see.
It's too easy to see what's wrong with some of the reviews. What;s the point of comparing two different Readers screens when you don't have what's on them be the same or as close as you can get?

Tags
color, libra