Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2016, 01:19 PM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
List of bought books

Hello,
is there a way to extract a list of the books I have bought ?
As an excel file as a maximum, but I would be happy for text list.
I am trying to build a list of books I have bought in the various shops, as I noticed some double, and that would be quite fast, instead of copying one book title after another
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:58 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
Hello,
is there a way to extract a list of the books I have bought ?
As an excel file as a maximum, but I would be happy for text list.
I am trying to build a list of books I have bought in the various shops, as I noticed some double, and that would be quite fast, instead of copying one book title after another
If you are running Calibre, you can use it's create catalog to create a CSV file for your ebooks and then import that into Excel. Works fairly well.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2016, 08:45 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@brudigia: There is no method in the firmware to do it. I'll back DNSB's suggestion of using calibre. Otherwise, the book details are stored in an SQLite database on the device. If you have any SQL skills, you can query that and produce an extract.

Last edited by davidfor; 10-04-2016 at 08:49 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:11 PM   #4
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@brudigia: There is no method in the firmware to do it. I'll back DNSB's suggestion of using calibre. Otherwise, the book details are stored in an SQLite database on the device. If you have any SQL skills, you can query that and produce an extract.
Thanks David, but I was thinking more of a method for extracting the data from the account on the web, rather than on a device. Apologies if I was not clear.
I could have a look into the SQLlite db, though, that' s an idea
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:54 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
Thanks David, but I was thinking more of a method for extracting the data from the account on the web, rather than on a device. Apologies if I was not clear.
I could have a look into the SQLlite db, though, that' s an idea
Strangely enough, when I saw this thread had been updated, I thought that I should have mentioned the lists on the web site. If you haven't looked, there are two. The library list and the purchase history. The first includes previews and probably borrowed books. The latter should only have purchases.

There isn't a way to extract the books on the site. But, sometime ago I did write a recipe to do it using calibre and the Import List plugin. I posted that in a thread here discussion the changed library view. It worked at the time, but I haven't checked recently if it still works.

If you decide to look at the database, I'll be happy to help. I have a reasonably good understanding of it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert