Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2023, 10:29 PM   #1
blackMysticCat
blackMysticCat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
List of Kepubs Bought from Store vs Side-loaded?

Hi!

Is there a way to generate a list of ebooks that are not sideloaded? I've set up an ereader with 100s of sideloaded kepubs (meaning I cant simply sort by filetype) to give to a friend, and they will probably add their own through the kobo store.

This way, a listing of bought books will help me back up the items my friend has read to my full library (of read books and reccomendations). So is there a way to get this information?

Or is there a better way to keep track of bought books/reach my end?
blackMysticCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 11:11 PM   #2
blackMysticCat

I now realize you could just go to my ebooks on the kobo site while logged in to your account. :facepalm:

If there is any other or simpler way that would be cool.

(cant edit post bc being new)
Advert
Old 05-05-2023, 11:53 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackMysticCat View Post
Hi!

Is there a way to generate a list of ebooks that are not sideloaded? I've set up an ereader with 100s of sideloaded kepubs (meaning I cant simply sort by filetype) to give to a friend, and they will probably add their own through the kobo store.

This way, a listing of bought books will help me back up the items my friend has read to my full library (of read books and reccomendations). So is there a way to get this information?

Or is there a better way to keep track of bought books/reach my end?
Why not use the filters in Books? Purchased, Kobo Plus and Imported would allow you to see which books are purchased.

From calibre, if you connect the device and switch to viewing books on the device, you should be able to see their purchased books that are not in your library by the lack of a checkmark matching a book in your library.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 05:32 PM   #4
blackMysticCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Why not use the filters in Books? Purchased, Kobo Plus and Imported would allow you to see which books are purchased.

From calibre, if you connect the device and switch to viewing books on the device, you should be able to see their purchased books that are not in your library by the lack of a checkmark matching a book in your library.
Doh, thanks ! I didn't see the filter option until right now! That would work perfect.

The calibre method would be preferable but I would need access to the eReader and for them to have a degree of computer-literacy they don't have.

Thanks!!
Old 05-09-2023, 05:02 PM   #5
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
It would be painstaking, but wouldn't the path of the files on the device be an indication of whether they were bought or sideloaded? You can see the filepath when viewing the book details.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert