Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2023, 05:33 AM   #1
stutz
stutz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Transferring kepub with Calibre

I converted a book from epub to kepub with calibre, and it works well. However, when I transfer it to my reader with calibre, a different file (~10% bigger and with a broken table of content) gets uploaded to the reader.
Copying the file normally through the filesystem works well, it's only when I try to upload it with calibre that the file gets broken like that. I think calibre re-converts the epub to kepub with different options before transferring it to the reader, but I don't know how to instruct it to NOT do that.
stutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 05:40 AM   #2
Rid
Addict
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Maybe try using Calibre Portable without changing any of the settings to see how it goes with transferring the converted kepub to your ereader?

Last edited by Rid; 03-16-2023 at 05:43 AM.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2023, 06:21 AM   #3
stutz
stutz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Ok, I think I fixed it. The "KePub Metadata Writer" extension was what caused the file to be inflated. Disabling it fixed that.
The broken table of content probably had to do with the kobo database not updating correctly. I had to remove the ebook from the reader, disconnect it so that it updated the database, then load the ebook again for the TOC to show up correctly.
stutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 07:23 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Alternately, you can use the KoboTouch Extended Driver to send a kepub to your Kobo. No need to convert anything.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kepub