Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-01-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
toodeeptofind
toodeeptofind began at the beginning.

Device: kobo H2O
Restoring annotations of kepub to kobo

I am using Calibre and use send to device to send epub which converts to kepub. I made some annotations of kepub on Kobo and backed up its database to desktop and deleted the book from Kobo.

Now when I again use send to device feature for this book, there are no annotations. I replaced the database of kobo with the previous one which has annotations of that book but still, I don't get annotations back. Is there a way to restore annotations also?

Thanks!
toodeeptofind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:30 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Backup the current database. Put the book on the H2O. Copy the old database over the current database. Reboot. If the eBook updates as though it's new, it won't work. If you get annotations, it worked.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-01-2018 at 01:33 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:10 PM   #3
toodeeptofind
toodeeptofind began at the beginning.

Device: kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Backup the current database. Put the book on the H2O. Copy the old database over the current database. Reboot. If the eBook updates as though it's new, it won't work. If you get annotations, it worked.
I dunno what happened when I replaced the database in kobo with that of the desktop. It wasn't working i.e after I would replace the database, Kobo would import(?) book and all annotations would be lost. But this time I opened SQLite browser and deleted bookmarks from the Kobo database and imported the previous one. It worked.

Do you know why the old process of just replacing the database didn't solve the problem but changing database with SQLite did work?

update 1: As you told, if I send a book, replace database and restart without plugging out the cable all at one go, it seems to work. But not if I send a book and open it in kobo. Then join cable to replace the database and unplug the cable. Or vice versa. I checked the database and somehow the annotations were lost. I think restarting without letting kobo import has something to do with the error.

Last edited by toodeeptofind; 03-01-2018 at 02:23 PM.
toodeeptofind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoation, nickel