Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-18-2022, 08:20 AM   #1
heredos
heredos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo clara HD, Kobo libra 2
Question Change the ftp directory

i recently bought a secondhand kobo clara HD to try tweak it a bit (and maybe put the changes later to my libra 2, since i want to keep my main reader and my book collection safe.)
anyway, i started to developp a little app for it, but i'm not used to e-ink and embedded linux programming yet, so i need a ton of trial and error.
mtp for file transfer works well, but it really slows down my progression, as i need to plug it, mount it, transfer files, unmount it, go back to my telnet console, wait for it to reconnect, try my test app, see that i did something wron (again), and do itall over again.
it seems that nickel enabled an ftp sevrver (via ftpd i guess?) which could allow me to automateeverything via a bash script. but, while it works, it puts me in the /mnt/onboard/.kobo folder, which is not the foldert i need to access, and i can't find the configuration file to change the folder, and google doesn't want to help me (all the solutionsare for more complex ftp clients that don't existinthe kobo.)

so, my question is, where can you change the ftp folder?

thanks in advance, heredos
heredos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 03:17 AM   #2
not_lucky_luke
not_lucky_luke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Try using telnet to access the root directory
not_lucky_luke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ftp, kobo, nickel