Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2022, 02:42 PM   #1
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
List of Official Kobo Dictionaries (v3)

This is mainly for the sideloaders out there (and myself since I keep forgetting the links).

This is the list of dictionaries that are available to be downloaded from the Languages and Dictionaries settings section after sync. They are meant to be placed in .kobo/dict (although you could put them in .kobo/custom-dict if you wanted).

These are version 3 dictionaries, so they require firmware version 4.24.15672 or greater.

If any are missing, feel free to chime in the comments.

That said, I've noticed that the Nederlands dictionaries don't seem to be working anymore in firmware 4.32 when put into the dict directory (they don't show up in the menu, even if I set my language preference to Nederlands) BUT in the About Device section, there's a 2022 copyright notice for Van Dale Dutch dictionaries. So perhaps those ones have different links or haven't been released yet? Not sure what's happening there.

EDIT: If I put those dictionaries into the custom-dict directory, they become visible in the menu (albeit with the 'Custom' label) and searchable and search results do have a Van Dale 2020 copyright notice, so they do work. Is this a bug?

EDIT: I've attempted to correct the dictionary links as of 2024-May-23. DNSB

Last edited by DNSB; Yesterday at 09:18 PM.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 09:41 PM   #2
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Very useful post! Thank you!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2022, 10:53 PM   #3
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Whoops thought you were collecting custom dictionaries not just linking official ones that’ll teach me to skim.

Last edited by MGlitch; 05-07-2022 at 10:56 PM.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 04:33 AM   #4
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Too bad they don't have an English–Norwegian dictionary or just a plain Norwegian one, even though Kobos are sold in Norway and the UI is available in Norwegian. I will contact support about this because I don't see a good reason why it shouldn't be included.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 04:19 AM   #5
famfam
Connoisseur
famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I am looking for francais - deutsch.
But it's not in the list.
Does any body know, if it is possible, to get that somwhere for kobo clara hd?
famfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2023, 03:33 PM   #6
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Whoops thought you were collecting custom dictionaries not just linking official ones that’ll teach me to skim.
I couldn't read without the French custom dictionary. So well made.

That said, aren't those dictionaries above all available download on Kobo? Why collect them?
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 03:41 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The list is there for those who do not connect their Kobo to the Internet and sideload only. You can download the dictionaries from the links in the first message, transfer them to your Kobo and enjoy using them.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 05:37 AM   #8
h3ct0r
h3ct0r began at the beginning.

Device: glo hd
Hi all the link for the Spanish monolingual is dead, does anyone have a valid link? Thank you

On a side note all that is required to install these is to paste them into the dictionary folder in the .kobo directory and eject the device its as simple as that
h3ct0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #9
shyhermit
Connoisseur
shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
I am trying to download the official dictionaries using these links to fix my corrupted Kobo that is now refusing to directly download the dictionaries. Unfortunately, none of the URLs are working. Are there newer versions, like v4 or v5?

Last edited by shyhermit; Yesterday at 07:42 PM.
shyhermit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've added in the missing links from the first message to my list of corrected links and copied it to the first message.

Last edited by DNSB; Yesterday at 09:20 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Please post here to let us know if any links in the first message do not work.

Last edited by DNSB; Yesterday at 09:21 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM   #12
shyhermit
Connoisseur
shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Wow! DNSB saves us again! Yep, working. I got my dictionaries back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Please post here to let us know if any links in the first message do not work.
shyhermit is online now   Reply With Quote