Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-21-2023, 04:34 AM   #1
nik592
nik592 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
[Kobo] Send to device creating blank series (for items without series)

I have a Kobo Libra 2 that I've started using with Calibre. I've gone through and cleaned up the metadata for ebooks I have (a bunch of free and cheap things obtained from Google Play), and started transferring to my Kobo. However, for items without a series set, they are still showing with a blank series in the Kobo list - this wasn't the case before I was using Calibre (when I was just loading from Adobe Digital Editions, but the inconsistencies in the metadata was driving me crazy).

So previously I would have had:

The Anthology of Scottish Folk Tales
Donald Smith

Now I get

The Anthology of Scottish Folk Tales (, #)
Donald Smith

I've tried turning off the option in the KoboTouch and KoboTouchExtended plugins for loading Series information (even though I kind of want that where books do have a series). I'm assuming I'm just doing something really obvious wrong, but I've looked around at the options I think are relevant and tried searching the forums, hence my now posting.
nik592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 08:07 AM   #2
nik592
nik592 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Ah! I was playing about with plugboards in some of my earlier experimentations and setup one that would append series and series number to the end of titles. I thought I had deleted it, but I just remembered and sure enough, removing that solves my problem.

See I knew it was something obvious.
nik592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2023, 03:12 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I was going reply suggesting that you check yoiur plugboards but then read your second message.

Can anyone honestly say that they have never had a Doh! moment?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote