Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-04-2024, 09:15 PM   #1
gyrene2083
gyrene2083 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Question Kobo Life Awards

If you use KoReader on your Kobo does it count towards the Life Awards? I know it may seem like a silly question, but I couldn't find an answer so I figured I'd ask here.
gyrene2083 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 09:33 PM   #2
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
It’s not a silly question. There’s just not a lot of love for the life awards with the general populous here. There used to be more excitement for them 12 or 13 years ago when they were first introduced. Years of them not working properly soured enthusiasts.

Since KOReader runs outside of the Kobo OS, I’d say no. Also, with the latest firmware for the newest models, it appears that the awards tab has been removed.

Last edited by Cootey; 05-04-2024 at 09:35 PM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2024, 09:33 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
No. Kobo is not aware of what is happening when KOReader is running.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 09:46 PM   #4
gyrene2083
gyrene2083 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Thank you both for your answers, I appreciate them. I just got back into reading, saw the achievements on my wife's Kindle, and was curious if it would work.

I just received my first e-reader today, a Kobo Libra Colour, I am aware that Koreader isn't supported yet, but was just curious. Thanks again.
gyrene2083 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 12:05 AM   #5
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Kobo had awards long before Kindle, but then let them fade away. Most of them can't be completed, or refuse to complete. Very buggy. When Kindle started the awards, I hoped that Kobo would revive their program, but I'm guessing whomever was pushing them before over at Kobo has moved on long, long ago.

I just started a wake for the Awards page the day before you posted! LOL
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=360956
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert