Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
EPUB to KEPUB conversion settings in Calibre

Hi, I have spent quite a lot of time trying to figure out an optimal way of converting ebooks from EPUB to KEPUB. I thought that someone may use the Calibre settings I have so that they have a neatly converted KEPUB ready to be devoured on their Kobo device.

On these settings the publisher's font is removed, and space between pictures and text is preserved.

I would also like to thank guys from this forum, as I do not think I would set it all up myself.

Most of the settings are default, I have changed the ones in Look & Feel, Page Setup, and KePub Output sections. Here are the screenshots (Calibre version 2.49, KePub Output plugin version 2.5.3):

If you want page numbering per chapter work fine, just make sure the number of entries in the Table of Content is equal to the number of html files (does not apply to the cover):

If they are not, create new entries in the TOC to reflect the respective html file (Tools -> Table of Content -> Edit Table of Content). Or you can split two or more html files into one by rightclicking them and choosing Merge selected text files. The references will not be affected as the program will amend them automatically.

I know some guys do that in Sigil, I just stick to Calibre.

Last edited by Buhaj47; 01-24-2016 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Smaller images posted
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:20 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Buhaj47:
Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2016, 05:28 AM   #3
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Buhaj47 would you mind reposting your settings? I'm very interested in seeing them.
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:26 AM   #4
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny_Dreadful View Post
Buhaj47 would you mind reposting your settings? I'm very interested in seeing them.
Done.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:40 AM   #5
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhaj47 View Post
Done.
Thank you
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2016, 09:44 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhaj47 View Post
Done.

Thank you.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:20 AM   #7
Buhaj47
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny_Dreadful View Post
Thank you
I would imagine it would work the same way for MOBI files, although never tested it.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:49 AM   #8
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Another change you probably want to make to the default settings:

In the "Structure Detection" heading, change "Insert Page Breaks" to just a single /

Presumably, when converting from Epub, the Page breaks and file splits are already where they are wanted. Letting Calibre automagically add more can only make things worse.

Last edited by rashkae; 01-24-2016 at 11:51 AM.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote