Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
How to update shelves / collection on device?

Hi,

Is there a way to synchronize again the shelves between calibre and the books already on the device, without sending them again?

Let me explain:
I have all the books on the sdcard, and they are seen by Calibre (Card A).
I can read them on my device.
The problem is that the tags of my collection shelves are only created on the device for the new books I send.

Is there a button "update device collections for selected books" which will create collections and the link for the books inside the device database?

Thanks you for your help

Calibre 1.11
KoboTouchextended 2.2.13
Kobo Utilities 1.4.2
Kobo firmware 3.0
Windows 8
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It will happen automatically when you connect the device if you have calibre and the driver configured correctly. As it happens when you are sending a book, you probably need to change the "Metadata management" setting to automatic. This is on the "Sending books to devices" page of the preferences.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
After that it depends on the software on the device. Unfortunately many apps lack a "reimport" or "refresh" function.

So you may have to delete the book in the database of the app and reimport it. I have this problem with Mantano. If I add more metadata to a book in calibre, for instance add comments and tags, and send the updated book again to my device, then Mantano won't update automatically. I have to delete the book in Mantano an import it again.

I handle it by making sure that the metadata is complete and correct before I send to my device. If I do things that cause changes to metadatmany for many books, for instance update the hierarchical genre system, I sometimes delete and import everything from scratch. Takes a few hours over wifi. 3800 books.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Hi guys,

Thank you for the insight on the metadata and the update mechanism.
I'll make sure the metadata update is in automatic mode.

But I guess I will have to delete and resend the books to get the collections on the track again.

Regards

François
Old 11-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You should not have to resend books to get the Kobo Shelves / Collections in sync. As long as the settings are all correct in the driver and metadata management is automatic, the act of attaching the Kobo to the PC and calibre is sufficient to update everything on the Kobo.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2013, 02:56 AM   #6
fxp33
Addict

Hi guys,

It was a preference setting !!! Management was on manual!!
I don't know why I didn't remember that.

Thank you so much, you really saved my day / week

François