Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-11-2015, 06:47 PM   #1
Markqz
Markqz began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Send-to-device always asks about format

I have a file I'm sending to a device serviced by the MTP plugin.

Even though there is only one file (MOBI) to send, a menu pops-up and asks what format I want to send in (it offers several choices)

How do I tell Calibre to just use the existing format and send without conversion and without asking what format I want?

Thanks!
Mark
Markqz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:28 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Have you configured the send to device Icon (device connected) with the preferred format? Right click
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2015, 10:17 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click the send to device button, and set the default action back to "Send to main Memory" At some point you must have changed it to send specific format to device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:13 AM   #4
Markqz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Right click the send to device button, and set the default action back to "Send to main Memory" At some point you must have changed it to send specific format to device.
Yes, thank you. I misunderstood and read the "Send specific format to device" as a setting that where I could choose which format to which device.

After trying it several different ways, it doesn't appear to be able to send PDF's to the main memory and EPUBS to Card A. Is this correct, or is there a setting that will allow it to pick a device/card based on format?

Thanks again!
Mark
Old 02-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markqz View Post
Yes, thank you. I misunderstood and read the "Send specific format to device" as a setting that where I could choose which format to which device.

After trying it several different ways, it doesn't appear to be able to send PDF's to the main memory and EPUBS to Card A. Is this correct, or is there a setting that will allow it to pick a device/card based on format?

Thanks again!
Mark
Not simply (if at all). Program mode (template) would allow folder selection, but on many devices, the card is a different DRIVE
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #6
Markqz

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Not simply (if at all). Program mode (template) would allow folder selection, but on many devices, the card is a different DRIVE
Yes, but since an Android device has an underlying Linux/Unix file structure, mounted drives are part of the file tree (unlike Windows with its lettered drives). So I was hoping that by specifying a detailed enough file path I could pick which device. But this doesn't seem to work. Instead Calibre will try to make a folder/file path under what it considers the default root -- apparently on a temp folder if it has to.

Ideally I would send ALL books to the SD card, but Kindle books have to go on the main device. So some books go to the card, and others to the tablet. I just know that I will forget to "throw the switch" from time to time to send the files where I want them.

Thanks!
Mark