Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-28-2019, 07:58 AM   #1
Alastair1646
Alastair1646 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Unhappy calibre, version 4.2.0 ERROR: No existing library found: There is no existing library

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum but have a problem that I've not been able to figure out myself.

Recently, after updating to Version 4.2 I have had a problem where none of the books appeared in my library. I performed a "restore database" from the "Library Maintenance" and it listed all the books as being there during the restore, however they still didn't show up when it was done.

After this is tried to move the library to another directory to see if that would help, but they still didn't show up. Now when I try to set the directory back to the first place it is saying "calibre, version 4.2.0
ERROR: No existing library found: There is no existing calibre library at C:\Users\Alastair\Sync\Calibre Library" which I know isn't true, as all the books are clearly there on the harddrive and were there before the update.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Alastair1646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair1646 View Post
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum but have a problem that I've not been able to figure out myself.

Recently, after updating to Version 4.2 I have had a problem where none of the books appeared in my library. I performed a "restore database" from the "Library Maintenance" and it listed all the books as being there during the restore, however they still didn't show up when it was done.

After this is tried to move the library to another directory to see if that would help, but they still didn't show up. Now when I try to set the directory back to the first place it is saying "calibre, version 4.2.0
ERROR: No existing library found: There is no existing calibre library at C:\Users\Alastair\Sync\Calibre Library" which I know isn't true, as all the books are clearly there on the harddrive and were there before the update.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Do not put your (working) Library on a active Sync (aka cloud).
Things happen in sequence, sync stops or delays these from happening in the required order.

Shadow your Library to the Cloud, if you need access.
Remember: Calibre (the desktop) is single user. Whaving 2 sessions open will cause all kinds of chaos
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert