Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-14-2022, 03:32 PM   #1
mdclanahan
Connoisseur
mdclanahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 6th Gen
Exclamation White Screen of Death on Oasis 9th Gen after Firmware Update

I updated my Oasis to 5.14.2 by manually downloading the firmware from the website and connecting my kindle to a PC. The firmware seemed to install fine, but now I'm getting a white screen of death. I can turn the screen off and back on and see the ad, but when I swipe to unlock, it just goes white. I have restarted the kindle multiple times by holding the power button until I'm prompted to restart, by holding the power button for 20 seconds, and by holding the power button for 40 seconds. Every time, after restarting, I still get a white screen.

Any advice would be appreciated!
mdclanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 04:01 PM   #2
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Did you make sure you downloaded the correct model for the update? If restarting your Kindle doesn't work, and your computer can still recognize your Kindle, you can try flashing the update again.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2022, 04:14 PM   #3
mdclanahan
Connoisseur
mdclanahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 6th Gen
Yes, I got the right version. It was really strange, but the issue resolved itself after about 30 minutes. I restarted it several times, and just when I was about to give up hope, I swiped to unlock and my book showed up.
mdclanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 04:18 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
If it was the wrong update binary, it should just delete the update without doing anything. And from your description, it did apply the update.

Definitely see if you can mount it to computer, maybe download the .bin file again, and try applying update again.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote