Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-13-2023, 07:10 PM   #1
pvoveris
pvoveris began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Problem with sending some books to Kindle, ignoring metadata

Hi All,

I am having an issue with some books I send to my Kindle. For whatever reason some books are created on the device completely ignoring the naming that I have configured and using the default title. I have the metadata set up exactly as I want, but some books seem to just ignore it.

Here is the plugboard I am using:

{series}{series_index:0>2s| #| - }{title}

For the book Clive Cussler's Hellburner, I have changed the metadata in Calibre to, title - Hellburner, series - The Oregon Files and index - 16, yet when it sends it across to my Kindle it just names it "Clive Cussler's Hellburner" ignoring all the other data.

For other books it works fine, but for a few, it completely ignore what I specify.

The vast majority that do work appear as expected.
"The Oregon Files #17 - Fire Strike"

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance
Peter
pvoveris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 08:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are probably sending dual mobi/kf8 files calibre cannot update metadata in these. Convert them to azw3 and send those instead.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2023, 10:58 PM   #3
pvoveris
pvoveris began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Thank you kovidgoyal very much. Converting them and sending as azw3 worked well. Never heard of these dual mobi files.
pvoveris is offline   Reply With Quote