Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-08-2023, 08:53 AM   #1
ArmadilloPilot
Enthusiast
ArmadilloPilot began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Verse Pro
Post Versa Pro Power Off Screen

I figured out how to get something other than the Versa Pro screen when the unit is idle. The manual has brief instructions on page 37 about the "gallery" app. Well, this works but only on a folder that is also titled "Gallery". But there is none!

I used my PC file manager to create the folder "Gallery".

Next, I used the Pocketbook browser facility to go to the folder "Photo" where images are stored and copy image over to "gallery". Once there I was able to select the image I wanted to use. And it worked. I followed the instructions to assign images to book logo and power-off logo status. I am not sure what the boot logo means but maybe someone can explain.

It is funny how the instructions reference a needed file folder, but that folder was not included in the file structure at the factory.

BTW: image size looks to be 2160 x 2880
ArmadilloPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 02:26 AM   #2
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
There is no need to create "Gallery" folder. You can open image even from "Photo" folder in Gallery app and launch menu (touch screen) from three dots in upper right corner. There will be set as logo options.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2023, 03:28 AM   #3
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
EDIT: This info should be valid for any Pocketbook device running FW6+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmadilloPilot View Post
It is funny how the instructions reference a needed file folder, but that folder was not included in the file structure at the factory.
I'm assuming you're referring to the system directory? Whilst it is hidden from the Gallery app by default (although you can use the shell script below as a workaround) you can also view the directory with a 3rd party app added to your device (e.g. KOReader), or when connected to your PC by making hidden items visible in the folder explorer (see Post 5 below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmadilloPilot View Post
I am not sure what the boot logo means but maybe someone can explain.
There are 4 main wallpapers that show and they can be modified by placing BMP images in the directories:

bootlogo - Shows briefly as device powers on (from being completely powered off)
/mnt/ext1/system/logo/bootlogo/
then change setting:
Personalize > Logos > Boot Logo

offlogo - Shows when device is powered off.
/mnt/ext1/system/logo/offlogo/
then change setting:
Personalize > Logos > Power-off Logo

lowbatlogo - Shows when battery drops below 10%
/mnt/ext1/system/logo/lowbatlogo/PB632_low_pwr_screen_WW.bmp
(lowbatlogo dir does not exist by default, so create. Rename image file [model "PB632"] as required)

sleep logo - Shows when device sleeps, has transparent background. By default it's the cutesy ereader sleeping logo (when cover closed, single power button press, auto sleep etc)
/mnt/ext1/system/resource/line/taskmgr_lock_background.bmp
/mnt/ext1/system/resource/line/taskmgr_lock_background_landscape.bmp

See this THREAD for more info

Workaround to view system directory in gallery app...
You can't view the above directories through the built-in gallery app by default, BUT you can by launching it using a simple shell script saved in /mnt/ext1/applications
After a restart the script will show in the "User's" area of the main apps menu.
Code:
#!/bin/sh

media=/ebrmain/cramfs/bin/mediaexplorer.app
offlogo=/mnt/ext1/system/logo

$media "$offlogo"

exit 0
(attached offlogo_list.zip to this post. Unzip the .app file to /mnt/ext1/applications)

To ensure images are the correct format/dimension etc, I usually place images I want to use as "offlogos" into the photo folder (BMP, PNG, JPG etc and any size/dimension), open them on the device via the built-in Gallery app, pinch-to-zoom and rotate as required to crop, then take a screenshot. Then just copy the image from the screens directory to offlogo directory.

I set a double press of the power-button to take a screenshot from the settings menu for ease.
Personalize > Key Mapping > Global

To randomly cycle through logo images with every power off... if you make the setting change:
Personalize > Logos > Power-off Logo
and set to random, you'll get a different image from your collection (offlogo dir) with every power off... which is how I like it!
Attached Files
File Type: zip offlogo_list.zip (277 Bytes, 66 views)

Last edited by neil_swann80; 11-30-2023 at 02:57 AM.
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 05:11 AM   #4
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you want to move BMP images from the user to system area directly from your device you could use a script like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# default directories
Logos_user=/mnt/ext1/Logos
Logos_syst=/mnt/ext1/system/logo/offlogo
media=/ebrmain/cramfs/bin/mediaexplorer.app

# Checks for image directories
if [ ! -d "$Logos_user" ]; then mkdir $Logos_user; fi
if [ ! -d "$Logos_syst" ]; then mkdir $Logos_syst; fi

# moves BMP images from user area to system
cd $Logos_user
for g in *.bmp; do
      mv "$g" $Logos_syst
done

$media "$Logos_syst"

exit 0
This would move images from /mnt/ext1/Logos to /mnt/ext1/system/logo/offlogo

You would need to make sure files have unique names or they will be overwritten in the move.

To use the script, copy the code above and save as a text file, rename extension from .txt to .app and place in applications folder.
(Or just download from below and unzip the .app file to /mnt/ext1/applications)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logo_Sync.zip (584 Bytes, 72 views)

Last edited by neil_swann80; 11-09-2023 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-09-2023, 05:30 AM   #5
neil_swann80

It's easiest to move the images to your device over USB however, but like I said, you won't see the system directory by default as it's hidden. To view hidden items, in Windows File Explorer:

View > Hidden Items - (see image below)

Then copy BMP images to: <whatever_drive_letter_is>\system\logo\offlogo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hidden items.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	204639  

Last edited by neil_swann80; 11-09-2023 at 05:59 AM.
Advert

Tags
gallery, logo