Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-06-2014, 05:52 AM   #1
Tan
Connoisseur
Tan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Book Series in Order?

Can someone please explain how to manipulate the timestamp so I can have my Series in order on the Kobo?
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:51 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
To start with, have a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...65#post2821365.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2014, 05:17 AM   #3
Tan
Connoisseur

Thanks Davidfor, does this mean everything loaded to the Kobo on the same day will be not in a sorted (Series)order? BTW I haven't upgraded to 3.3 yet.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:12 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, it means the "Date added" sort is broken for shelves. I added ten books to a shelf one at a time with a couple of minutes between. Sorting by date added didn't put them in that order. The order series shelves set the times to one second intervals, and I think I tried one minute. Neither worked. I haven't tried adding them on different days. It is possible it is sorting on just the date part and ignoring the time. I haven't noticed anything wrong with any of the order sorts including "Recently read".
Old 05-08-2014, 02:09 AM   #5
Tan
Connoisseur

davidfor, can you please explain how to do this (below) step by step?

But, the "Date added" sort is a little different. We don't really control it, but we can manipulate it. You could manually add the books one at a time to a shelf in the series order. Choosing this sort would put the books into the series order.

So, what the "Order series shelves" option does is to automate this. It finds all shelves that have the same name as a series. Then it changes the "Date added" so that sorting by this will show the books in the series number order. It takes what to me is a useless sorting option and changes it to a useful one.
Advert
Old 05-08-2014, 02:23 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

"Order series shelves" is a function in my Kobo Utilities plugin for calibre. If you have it installed, you connect the Kobo device and select the function from the Kobo Utilities menu. The dialog displayed lists the series shelves and how many books are on them. Press the OK button and the plugin does the work. Then selecting "Date added" when viewing the shelves is supposed to display them in series order.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #7
Tan
Connoisseur

That worked, thanks!!